Sony has stated in an FAQ of types that the “overwhelming majority” of the out there 4,000 PlayStation 4 titles will probably be playable on PS5.
That stated, Sony did checklist 10 PS4 titles that aren’t appropriate PS5.
The backward compatibility info web page additionally acknowledged that choose PS4 video games will profit from PS5’s Sport Increase, which can make current-gen video games run with the next or smoother body price on the next-gen system.
Additionally it is famous that some functionalities on PS4 is probably not out there on the brand new console and that some might even “exhibit errors or unexpected behavior” when performed on PS5.
Sony additionally warned that earlier than buying add-ons, attempt to boot and play the PS4 video games on the brand new console first to see if you’re “happy with the play experience.”
The ten video games which won’t be playable on the brand new console are beneath. Any PS4 sport on the PS Retailer that isn’t appropriate with PS5 will probably be marked as “Playable on PlayStation 4 only.”
PlayStation 4-only video games:
- Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma Quantity One (Versus Evil)
- DWVR (Mad Triangles) (PlayStation VR title)
- Hitman Go: Definitive Version (Sq. Enix)
- Joe’s Diner (United Impartial Leisure)
- Simply Deal With It (Tremendous Punk Inventive)
- TT Isle of Man: Experience on the Edge 2 (Nacon)
- Robinson: The Journey (Crytek) (PlayStation VR title)
- Shadow Complicated Remastered (Epic Video games)
- Shadwen (Frozenbyte)
- We Sing (THQ Nordic)
The web page additionally goes over enjoying PS4 discs on PS5, transferring digital video games from last-gen to next-gen, putting in a digital PS4 sport on PS5, upgrading eligible PS4 video games to the next-gen variations, and extra. It additionally states that the brand new PlayStation 5 digital camera won’t work with present PS4 PSVR titles.